Prototype P.04 - D9592 later 98+05
- P.04 was the first airframe to include an almost full avionics suite and was used to test this extensively.
- First flight 02.09.1975
- Navigation, Ground Mapping and autopilot.
- It was used for weapons release trials and some low level testing of the terrain following radar.
- First to carry Kormoran missiles.
- P.04 was lost in an accident on the 16th April 1980 killing both crew, Ludwig Obermeier(Pilot) & Kurt Schreiber(Navigator)
- Delivered in Panavia color scheme, later Marineflieger sea grey & white.