ADV Prototype A.01 - ZA254
- A.01/ZA254 was rolled out at Warton on 9th August 1979.
- It's first flight was of 1h 32m duration and took place on 27th October 1979 with David Eagles at the controls and Roy Kenward as flight test observer.
- The aircraft flew 8h 30m during its first five flights and reached mach 1.75 on the third flight. Initial flights included dry & wet air to air refuelling and night landings.
- This aircraft also demonstrated 2h 20m CAP 375m from base utilising two 1500l fuel tanks.
- A.01 did not have have a radar or production avionics fitted.
This page was last updated :08/03/2015
(C) 1999 - 2014 Author unless otherwise stated